GEHL EXCAVATOR Z80
Z80 Compact Excavator
- Maximum Digging Depth (mm): 14′ 4.4" (2310)
- Net Power (kW):
54.6 hp (40.7)
- Ground Contact Pressure Cab/Canopy (kPa):
5.2 psi (35.8)
The Z80 comes with a fully enclosed cab as standard equipment providing ultimate in operator comfort.
- Standard cab enclosure with heat or heat/air-conditioning system provides protection in extreme weather conditions.
- Adjustable suspension seat and armrests provide personalized comfort.
- Excellent visibility in all directions allows safe and efficient operation. Rear mirror provides a view of the back and side of the machine for additional safety.
- Work lights and integrated boom light enhances the operator’s view after dark.
- The cab is mounted on five silicon oil filled iso-mounts, which reduce cab noise and vibration to the operator.
The controls on the Z80 are ergonomically designed and easy to use.
- Large travelling pedals are easy to press and allow confident, reliable work.
- Pilot operated joystick controls are operated by simple wrist movements, reducing fatigue during a long workday.
- One-way auxiliary functions can be controlled by joystick buttons, allowing optimal control of high-flow attachments such as compactors or breakers.
- The proportional control mechanism switch vastly enhances attachment performance, allowing the operator to set the flow for optimal attachment performance.
- The operator can easily select from ISO or standard operating control patterns with the flip of a mechanical lever.
Rugged, high-strength boom incorporates features to protect and extend the life of moving parts and components.
- Precision welded boom is constructed with thick side plates that are reinforced by contoured transition plates.
- Heavy-duty sliding cylinder guards protect exposed cylinder rods from damage.
- Integrated boom light illuminates the work area and allows for safe and effective operation after dark.
- Reliable single pin boom mount design for optimal durability and component life.
The undercarriage of the Z80 was designed with serviceability and longevity in mind.
- Wide track gauge and an offset track drive system increase stability without adding to overall track width.
- Staggered tread and mandrel design combined with shorter track pitch reduces vibration.
- Long tracks provide a smoother ride over rough terrain.
- Tracks are short-pitched to reduce wear, fatigue and damage.
- Angled crawler frame reduces soil buildup on the undercarriage, extending the life of rollers and tracks.
The Z80 is built around a powerful, reliable emission-certified Yanmar diesel engine.
- Proven technology provides reliable operation and a fuel efficient system.
- ECO mode reduces engine RPM by 10% without sacrificing power when activated, saving fuel when full speed is not necessary.
- Easy-starting, even in cold weather without the need for block heaters or starting fluid.
- Auto deceleration improves fuel economy and lowers noise and emissions levels when activated by reducing engine speed to idle after four seconds without hydraulic movement.
Make Yanmar Model 4TNV98-ZWBV1 Interim Tier IV Type Diesel Displacement (L) 202.5 cu.in. (3.32) Net Power (kW) @ rpm 54.6 hp (40.7) @ 2000 Fuel Tank (L) 30.4 gal. (115) Fuel Consumption (L/hr) 1.9 gal./hr. (7.2)
The advanced hydraulic system on the Z80 Compact Excavator provides long-lasting, efficient power precisely when you need it.
- Hydraulic system is designed to enhance engine performance, resulting in a more efficient system.
- Two variable pumps and two gear pumps combine oil and redirect the flow to where it is needed, allowing for simultaneous operation without loss of power.
- Smooth operation, even while using the boom and arm during turning.
- Auxiliary hydraulic valve, tubing and hoses with flat faced coupler connections are standard equipment.
- Two-way and one-way auxiliary flow valve with direct-to-tank bypass valve feature is standard equipment.
Pumps 2 variable, 2 gear Total Flow Rate (L/min) 56.7 gpm (214.5) Working Pressure (bar) 3,699 psi (255) Swing System Pressure (bar) 3,481 psi (240) Oil Cooler Standard Hydraulic Tank (L) 15.9 gal. (60)
A full line of Edge attachments and accessories are designed specifically to fill operators’ needs, making their Z80 the most versatile machine on the job site.
A Augers B Breakers C Buckets D Compaction Plates E Compaction Wheel F Frost Ripper G Grapples H Pavement Removal Bucket I Thumbs
- The large, rear hood opens easily without tools for access to the engine for daily maintenance checks and the air cleaner.
- The right-hand side cover opens without tools to reveal the battery and allow access to clean the radiator.
- The fan belt and air conditioning belt are easily accessed through the center front cover to the right of the cab.
- Hydraulic oil-lubricated reduction gears in the travel motor are maintenance free.
- The fuse panel can be accessed through the access panel beneath the operators seat.
Dimensions Operating Weight with Canopy N/A Operating Weight with Cab 18,136 lbs. A Max. Digging Depth 14’4.4" B Max. Vertical Wall Digging Depth 12’10.3" C Max. Reach at Ground Level 23’5.1" D Transport Length 21’2.3" E Undercarriage Length 9’5.8" F Max. Digging Height 23’9.4" G Max. Dump Height 15’2.7" H Minimum Front Swing Radius 8’11.1" I Transport Height 8’9.9" J Blade Below Ground 1’6.9" K Overall Base Width 7’5.4" L Track Width 1’5.7" M Ground Clearance 1’3.4" N Parallel Offset Right 2’9.1" O Parallel Offset Left 2’0.4" P Rear End Swing Radius 3’8.7" Engine Make Yanmar Model 4TNV98-ZWBV1 Interim Tier IV Type Diesel Displacement 202.5 cu.in. Net Power @ rpm 54.6 hp @ 2000 Fuel Tank 30.4 gal. Fuel Consumption 1.9 gal./hr Hydraulic System Pumps 2 variable, 2 gear Total Flow Rate 56.7 gpm Working Pressure 3,699 psi Swing System Pressure 3,481 psi Oil Cooler Standard Hydraulic Tank 15.9 gal. Undercarriage and Slewing System Travel Speed – dual 1.6/2.8 mph Gradability 20° Track Type/Width Rubber/17.7" Number of Rollers per Side (Track/Idle) 5/1 Undercarriage Length 9’6" Track Length on Ground 8’2.4" Ground Clearance 15.4" Ground Pressure – Cab/Canopy 5.2 psi Slew Speed 9 rpm Maximum Drawbar Pull 14,500 lbs. Maximum Bucket Breakout 11,332 lbs. Maximum Arm Digging Force 8356 lbs. Dozer Blade Width – extended/retracted 7’5" Height 17.7"