GEHL EXCAVATOR Z35
- Maximum Digging Depth (mm):
10′ 8" (3250)
- Net Power (kW): 23.9 hp (17.8)
- Ground Contact Pressure Cab/Canopy (kPa):
5.0/4.8 psi (34.3/33.1)
- Maximum Digging Depth (mm):
The Z35:GEN2 Compact Excavator is available in canopy or cab configurations, allowing you to tailor the machine to meet your specific work environment.
- Walk-through canopy for easy entry and exit.
- Optional cab enclosure with heat or heat/air-conditioning system provides protection in extreme weather conditions.
- Adjustable suspension seat and armrests provide personalized comfort.
- Excellent visibility in all directions allows safe and efficient operation. Rear mirror provides a view of the back and side of the machine for additional safety.
- Work lights and integrated boom light enhances the operator’s view after dark.
The controls on the Z35 GEN:2 are ergonomically designed and easy to use.
- Large travelling pedals are easy to press and allow confident, reliable work.
- Pilot operated joystick controls are operated by simple wrist movements, reducing fatigue during a long workday.
- One-way auxiliary functions can be controlled by a foot pedal or joystick buttons, allowing optimal control of high-flow attachments such as compactors or breakers.
- The operator can easily select from ISO or standard operating control patterns with the flip of a mechanical lever.
Rugged, high-strength boom incorporates features to protect and extend the life of moving parts and components.
- Precision welded boom is constructed with thick side plates that are reinforced by contoured transition plates.
- Heavy-duty sliding cylinder guards protect exposed cylinder rods from damage.
- Integrated boom light illuminates the work area and allows for safe and effective operation after dark.
- Reliable single pin boom mount design for optimal durability and component life.
The undercarriage of the Z35 GEN:2 was designed with serviceability and longevity in mind.
- Wide track gauge and an offset track drive system increase stability without adding to overall track width.
- Staggered tread and mandrel design combined with shorter track pitch reduces vibration.
- Long tracks provide a smoother ride over rough terrain.
- Tracks are short-pitched to reduce wear, fatigue and damage.
- Angled crawler frame reduces soil buildup on the undercarriage, extending the life of rollers and tracks.
The Gehl Z35:GEN2 is built around a powerful, reliable emission-certified Yanmar diesel engine.
- Proven technology provides reliable operation and a fuel efficient system.
- Easy-starting, even in cold weather without the need for block heaters or starting fluid.
Make Yanmar Model 3TNV88F-ESBV Tier IV Type Diesel Displacement (L) 100.2 cu.in. (1.64) Net Power (kW) @ rpm 23.9 hp (17.8) @ 2200 Fuel Tank (L) 10.8 gal. (41) Fuel Consumption (L/hr) 1.03 gal./hr. (3.9)
The advanced hydraulic system on the Z35 GEN:2 provides long-lasting, efficient power precisely when you need it.
- Hydraulic system is designed to enhance engine performance, resulting in a more efficient system.
- Two variable pumps and two gear pumps combine oil and redirect the flow to where it is needed, allowing for simultaneous operation without loss of power.
- Smooth operation, even while using the boom and arm during turning.
- Auxiliary hydraulic valve, tubing and hoses with flat faced coupler connections are standard equipment.
- Two-way and one-way auxiliary flow valve with direct-to-tank bypass valve feature is standard equipment.
Pumps 2 variable, 2 gear Total Flow Rate (L/min) 29.4 gpm (111.3) Working Pressure (bar) 3,060 psi (211) Swing System Pressure (bar) 2,844 psi (196) Oil Cooler Standard Hydraulic Tank (L) 10.6 gal. (40)
A full line of Edge attachments and accessories are designed specifically to fill operators’ needs, making their Z35 GEN:2 the most versatile machine on the job site.
A Augers B Breakers C Buckets D Compaction Plates E Compaction Wheel F Frost Ripper G Grapples H Pavement Removal Bucket I Thumbs
- The large, rear hood opens easily to expose the battery, engine oil, air filter and cooling system.
- Remove the right-hand step to reveal the hose joint at the front of the frame.
- The right-hand side cover is easily removed with just two bolts. Remove the top right hand side to easily clean behind the radiator.
- A cover on top of the unit on the right side makes it easy to access the fuel supply.
- The access panel beneath the operator’s seat easily opens to reveal the starter motor, fuse panel, alternator and fan belt.
Dimensions Operating Weight with Canopy 7,905 lbs. Operating Weight with Cab 8,214 lbs. A Max. Digging Depth 10’8" B Max. Vertical Wall Digging Depth 7’11" C Max. Reach at Ground Level 17’3.5" D Transport Length 15’8" E Undercarriage Length 7’1" F Max. Digging Height 16’9.2" G Max. Dump Height 11’2.3" H Minimum Front Swing Radius 7’1.4" I Transport Height 8’1" J Blade Below Ground 1’2.6" K Overall Base Width 5’8.5" L Track Width 11.8" M Ground Clearance 12.6" N Parallel Offset Right 1’11.2" O Parallel Offset Left 2’1.2" P Rear End Swing Radius 2’6.5" Engine Make Yanmar Model 3TNV88F-ESBV Tier IV Type Diesel Displacement 100.2 cu.in. Net Power @ rpm 23.9 hp @ 2200 Fuel Tank 10.8 gal. Fuel Consumption 1.03 gal./hr Hydraulic System Pumps 2 variable, 2 gear Total Flow Rate 29.4 gpm Working Pressure 3,060 psi Swing System Pressure 2,844 psi Oil Cooler Standard Hydraulic Tank 10.6 gal. Undercarriage and Slewing System Travel Speed – dual 1.7/2.8 mph Gradability 20° Track Type/Width Rubber/11.8" Number of Rollers per Side (Track/Idle) 4/1 Undercarriage Length 7’1" Track Length on Ground 5’10" Ground Clearance 12.6" Ground Pressure – Cab/Canopy 5.0/4.8 psi Slew Speed 9.5 rpm Maximum Drawbar Pull 7,306 lbs. Maximum Bucket Breakout 5,643 lbs. Maximum Arm Digging Force 4,226 lbs. Dozer Blade Width – extended/retracted 5’8.5" Height 14.6"